New Years Resolutions!
Its New Years Eve! Where did 2018 go??
I don't know about you guys, its been a bumpy ride for me this year, I have learnt so much more about myself and had some interesting experiences...
1) I became an aunt! <3
This is my nephew Leon <3. He is now 6 months old! This gorgeous little munchkin was born 5 days before my birthday back in June.
He is very clever and his favourite thing is to bounce in his jumperoo!
This little monkey is so happy and has got me through some tough moments this year. I am so grateful for him <3
He may only be a baby, but he has taught me loads already. BEING AN AUNT IS THE BEST.
2) I went to Lands end and the Eden project! I unfortunately don't have photos to add for this, as they were tragically lost on my old laptop- When they say back everything up they don't lie!!!
It was such a great experience, some of the most amazing sites I have ever seen.
3) I went through hell and back. I sadly had the biggest mental breakdown I have suffered since having depression and it has taken months of recovery to get over it. But during that time I did learn so much about myself and I know tell myself and others that ITS OKAY NOT TO BE OKAY. Don't let anyone else tell you different.
4) I got onto a Masters! This was a fun thing to do. I didn't tell anyone I applied, I did the application and everything by myself in secret and had an Unconditional offer a few days later! I haven't look back since, I love what I am doing.
My Top moments 2018
An interesting book I read was... Becoming by Michelle Obama
A new song I loved... Skin Rag and Bone Man.
A great film I saw.... Avengers 4- Infinity Wars
Something I achieved... Becoming more self aware.
Best Advice I had.... Its Okay not to be Okay AND Be your own Superhero
One word to describe 2018... CRAZY
Something that made me happy... Holding my Nephew for the first time.
One thing I wish I did more.... Save more money for my future.
One thing that made me stronger... Breaking down and building myself back up
Something that made me cry.... When my BF came back after 2 months away...
A song I am currently addicted to... Believer- Imagination Dragons.
A concert I saw this year... The Script AND Ed Sheeran.
Something I look forward to in 2019... Holiday with my BF and P!nk Concert!
1 motivation song... Superheroes- The Script
So what will next year bring? I have already begun to make plans for this blog site! It is hard between uni and my job but I first promise keep writing when I can!
Here are just some of my other resolutions.
1) Save more money
2)Be more organised.
3) Cut down on impulse buying.
4) Exercise more.
5)Cut down on the amount of time I spend on social media.
6) Gain work experience in Journalism.
7) Complete my degree.
8) Get a FT job- Hopefully as a Web Content Writer.
9) Save up to move out!
10) Remember to take time out for myself, I'm important too and its not selfish.
Why make goals?
It is hard sticking to them, we all know that but it gives you something to work towards. It keeps you focused and drives you to achieve them.
How can I stick to them?
Here are just some small tips...
1) Be realistic when setting you goals.
2) Baby steps! Start small and work your way up.
3) Focus on one thing at a time, do not try and achieve them all at once.
4) Don't be afraid to ask for help. There is nothing wrong with asking for a helping hand. 5
5)STAY STRONG- Do not give in. You can do , You are stronger than you know, You are smarter than you think.
A final note...
This is my last blog of 2018! A big THANK YOU to all my readers and subscribers! Its been a great couple of months writing for you guys and I look forward to continue doing the same in the New Year! A huge Happy New Year to you all, Let's make it a year to remember!