Free ideas this summer! PLUS Free places to go in South Wales
Places to visit
Here are some free places you can visit in South Wales...
1) Cardiff Museum - Located by Cardiff city hall, this museum is full of detailed history and they also have art there too! Entry is free!
2) St Fagans- The museum of welsh life- I always love a trip to St Fagans! So much there to explore and learn and there are also a couple of traditional shops where you can buy some yummy treats or buy some lovely gifts if you wish! ENTRY FREE- Parking charges apply though!
3) Welsh mountains!- There are so many hike routes! The sugarloaf and Blorenge in Abergavenny, Breacon Beacons, Pen-y-fan! The Skirrid and many more.
Parking is usually free for these routes but can be popular in the summer (especially Pen-y-fan) when its nice so get there early! You wont be disappointed the views are incredible!
4) Cosmeston Lakes & Country Park- Beautiful lakes with plenty to do! Located just outside Cardiff (Pernath) The park has previously been used as a filming location! Take a picnic and a camera!
5) Ebbw Vales Owl sanctuary- I adore Owls! Located next to Festival park ( small shopping village) Free entry! You can see a range off different bird of prey!
Here are some other great places that are free (Parking charges my apply).
Other free things to do this summer!
Local free events! Keep any eye out, there is usually lots happening :)
Go for a walk, even 10 minutes walk a day is not only healthy but also fresh air will make you feel better :)
Art/Craft day- on your walk or bike ride collect bits from nature and create art from them.
Camp! Go camping or even in your backyard/garden :)
Explore your local library
Go volunteer in the community- help someone and feel good for doing it.
Help out a friend
The to do list- Tackle it!
Learn a new skill
Write a letter to your future self
Invite some family/friends over for dinner
Take an online course
Create your bucket list
Have a pamper afternoon- A bit or R & R!
Plan your next holiday or a dream holiday!
Learn a new language
Have a BBQ
Make a scrapbook of all your pictures :)
Visit friends or family
Binge watch a tv show
Try a new recipe
Read- Not just a book, other blogs or a magazine...
Play a video game.
Declutter one room in your home
Play with a pet :)
Take note of things that need to be done, Declutter your mind!
Make a playlist of your favourite music
Confidence boost!- Make a list of things you have done that you are proud of!
Declutter your social media! Make a positive change, unfriend or unfollow anything that is negative.
Colour! Adult colouring is great, it helps relives stress.
Make a blanket fort! Relive your inner childhood days :)
Get food creative- Try a new dish with ingredients from your fridge and cupboard, see what you can come up with!
Check something off your to do list.
There are many other ideas you can indulge in but these are just some to get you started!
All images from Unsplash.com